Google + is the latest upgrade from Google. It used to be called Google Places, but Google changed the format to allow for more interaction between “circles” and friends. It’s kind of a cross between Facebook, FourSquare and Linkedin. You can add photos and videos; custom categories like your service area, brands you sell and how to find parking; and coupons to encourage customers to make a first-time or repeat purchase.
Google+ now hosts 250 million accounts and 150 million monthly active users, the company said Wednesday. Facebook boasts more than 900 million monthly active users.
Some of the benefits of the new Google + is:
- Unlike Facebook, you don’t have to be a member to join,
- Hangouts – Hangouts let you catch up with friends and family, whether you’re at home on your computer or using the Google+ mobile app on the go. Up to 10 people can join a hangout, and it’s easy to invite specific friends or circles,
- Free – It’s like having your own little website on Google. More people search for businesses online than anywhere else, so it’s important to make sure your local business listing can be easily found on Google.com and Google Maps,
- Google + is showing up on organic Google Searches
- Your clients can add reviews
- Edit your listing and speak for yourself. Your business probably already shows up on Google, but you should still verify your listing and make sure its details are accurate and thorough. Your improvements will start appearing soon after you verify them through Google Places. Also, you can add notification
Google + Setup – $159
Look at this fantastic infographics from Pelfusion.com that helps to visually explain the importance of Google+ for Business.